Banking as it should be, not banking as it has been.
We’re building a straightforward, accessible bank that promises to work hard to understand our customers and provide financial solutions to meet their needs. This is banking as it should be, with products and services that deliver great value from people who deliver exceptional service.
We’re working hard to provide our customers with straightforward savings accounts, award- winning mortgages, and specialist finance for small and medium size businesses. By using the deposits raised by savers in Britain, we help keep the housing market moving and help fund the growth of British businesses. We're doing our bit for the British economy - getting funding moving in the UK. So by choosing Aldermore, as a saver, a homeowner or a business, not only can you be sure of straightforward products, exceptional service and consistently good rates, you'll also be part of something much bigger.
Four core characteristics comprise our values. It is the unique combination of these traits that makes Aldermore the organisation it is and as such these values are threaded through everything we do.
Reliable: We never over promise, but we are consistent and will always get straight to the point. We are empathetic to your needs, ensuring products and services deliver our promises, whilst being fair, open and consistent in all we undertake.
Expert: We know our stuff. Continuously demonstrating our knowledge and expertise, as well as being approachable whilst clear in our delivery.
Dynamic: We know situations change and are agile enough to adapt to anything. With entrepreneurial flair and a natural ability to innovate, not only with products and services but highly inventive in our approach to processes and procedure too.
Straightforward: If we can’t explain something simply, then it’s too complicated. We are clear and concise in our product offerings, as well as our supporting services whilst being effective and efficient.
Our brand pillars
Using feedback from our customers, we have defined three brand pillars – our foundation stones to help us build a bank that acts differently through our products, service and behaviours.
In financial services, products can start to look similar. At Aldermore, we stand out because of the exceptional and personal service we provide. We’ll always do what’s right for our customers and where we can, let them know if they can get a better rate elsewhere.
- Convenient banking by phone, online and face-to-face
- No branches or queues to worry about
- We scour the market to check how we’re doing against others
- We consistently seek new ways of doing things to make banking better
- Our people are always happy to talk and help
- Our people have in-depth knowledge of all our products and services
- Every customer request is important to us, so we keep it on record
- Where possible, our MDs personally contact customers who have a serious complaint
As a relatively new bank, we’re not weighed down with layer upon layer of historical system issues. We can be absolutely open and transparent about how we operate. We’ve no need to hide things or trick customers into ending up on a lower rate – what they see is what they get.
- Clear, consistent, non-dual pricing
- Published ratings and unedited customer reviews on our website
- Straightforward business structure
- People you can speak to if anything needs explaining
- We keep customers and brokers fully informed
- We always tell you when things change
- As we can, we tell customers where our rates can be compared
Many people think that banks have simply lost touch with their customers. At Aldermore, we’re a British bank with a difference. We play our part in helping make Britain great again by taking our British based saver deposits and lending these out to homeowners and small businesses across the country. We also aim to give something back to our communities – whether that’s providing our quarterly SME Cost Inflation Report to our SME community or giving something back to our local supporters through our fundraising efforts.
- The deposits we look after are only ever loaned in the UK
- Our people and premises are located in the UK, close to the communities we serve
- We enthusiastically support UK government schemes, such as Help to Buy
- Our own culture mirrors that of other SMEs, so we understand the needs of our customers’ communities
- Our partnership with Visionpath Education and their SKILL! programme supports young entrepreneurs in schools to develop core skills for the future
To find out more about Aldermore, visit About us.