Fixed Rate Cash ISAs
Nothing beats knowing your savings are protected – both from interest rate fluctuations and from the taxman. With our Fixed Rate ISA you get a great return thanks to our guaranteed interest rate and it’s tax-free too. From 1 July 2014, all ISAs have become New ISAs (NISAs) and your annual tax free allowance has increased to £15,000. You can save the whole allowance in cash or in stocks and shares, or a combination of the two. You can split your allowance between any of our Cash ISA products to make the most of the increase. This will be classed as one Cash ISA for the purposes of tax free allowances and HMRC reporting.
|Term||Gross Annual Interest (%)||Gross Monthly Interest (%)||AER* (%)|
|1 Year||1.50||1.49||1.50||Open an Account|
|2 Year||1.85||1.83||1.85||Open an Account|
|3 Year||2.00||1.98||2.00||Open an Account|
Key benefits to opening a Fixed Rate Cash ISA
- Peace of mind - tax-free interest rate, fixed for a set period and we will personally write to you before your account matures
- Transparent - our competitive rates are not artificially inflated by bonuses or introductory offers
- Maximise your tax-free allowance – easily transfer ISAs from other providers. We’ll process the transfer electronically if we can or we’ll provide an ISA Transfer Form for you to complete and return to us. Please ensure that any ISA Transfer Forms are returned within 10 working days of opening the account
- Fast and easy setup - open an account, complete identity checks and move your money in minutes
- Open an account with just £1,000
- Flexible - withdraw cash early if you need to (subject to interest deduction)
- Easy to manage - do it online, by phone or by post
- Great value - no fees or charges for day-to-day account services
Things you need to know
- Once you've made your opening deposit, you won't be able to make any more deposits. You can transfer in an ISA held with another provider at account opening stage only. When sending the opening deposit by cheque, please ensure that any ISA transfer forms are returned at the same time. If the opening deposit is made by another method, please ensure that any ISA transfer forms are returned within 10 working days
- Early withdrawals will be subject to a deduction in interest
- We guarantee to pay the interest rates shown (or the higher rates if we have increased them) provided that we receive your completed account opening form and initial deposit within ten business days. After this time, we will pay the prevailing rate on the day that we receive your application
- You should keep at least £1,000 in your account at any one time (a gross interest rate of 0.50% will be paid on balances below this amount)
- You simply need to be aged 18 years or over, resident in the UK and only liable to pay tax in the UK
- The ISA allowance is currently £15,000. You can save the whole allowance in cash, or in stocks and shares, or a combination of the two
- The favourable tax treatment depends on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future
- To read the full terms and conditions please click here
Managing your account with us is simple and straightforward. Check our
Key Features page for more information on how your account works.
Fees and charges
You won't have to pay any fees or charges, although there may be a small charge for non-standard services - check our tariff of charges for more details.
It’s easy to open an account
It’s easy convenient and secure. Open an account, complete identity checks and move your money in minutes. Any questions, simplyContact us
Award Winning Cash ISAs
We’re proud to be awarded ‘ISA Provider of the Year 2014’, the 4th year in a row we’ve won this awardView Awards
When you open your account, we’ll process your ISA transfer electronically if we can or we’ll provide an ISA Transfer Form for you to complete and return to us.
Ratings & Reviews
896 out of 938 reviewers would recommend products in this category
Reviews for Fixed Rate Cash ISA 1 Year
Good for my needs
Which rated so chose this company and so far I have experienced good service and prompt responses by email and post. My two phone queries were answered concisely, patiently and knowledgeably.
27 Oct 2014
Excellent company for customer service Aeronaut
I cannot take out additional investment with Aldermore simply because I have we nearly reached the maximum safe deposit of Â£85000 decided by the Government to protect investors if a bank goes bust.
22 Oct 2014
best available rate at the time bobbys
best rate at the time/ easy to set up, have used aldermore before and would use them again
19 Oct 2014
an addition to my existing account spiderbowels
Only average because when I originally enquired about a cash ISA I was told I would be given 1.6%, whereas once the account was opened this reverted to 1.5%. The lost sum is only Â£15.00, but I think this is poor service, particularly as I was assured that the interest rate would be 1.6%.
17 Oct 2014
Very easy to manage accounts KEEPAU
Dear Aldermore,Thankyou for your enquiry.I am happy to report that Myself and Isa(as I call her) are deliriously happy together.Who knew that a relationship with such a passive partner could be so fulfilling!On the physical side we are taking things a step at a time.Should total consummation elude us then we could perhaps consider adopting a few junior isas, but this assumes that the authorities are prepared to countenance a formal union between a human being and a financial product . More to follow as our mutual passion develops and thanks so much again for bringing us together.
16 Oct 2014
suitable product Maxine
The forms to complete to transfer funds from a closed ISA to a new ISA were not easy to follow and I had to ring up to ask. However the assistant could only offer me the same forms. They were not explicit for the transfer from an Aldermore account to a new Aldermore account. I did not find them fit for purpose.
12 Oct 2014
Reasonable interest rate at the time. Daisey
Reasonable product in the present clime as interest rates are low.
09 Oct 2014
Reviews for Fixed Rate Cash ISA 2 Year
Best rate icer on the market Ticker
I was very sceptical at first changing my icer provider I needn't have had any worries as the service I received was excellent no long queues when phoning like many other competitors. The transfer was done very speedily and efficiently,
21 Oct 2014
Good rate offered Derek2491
Looking to move two ISA`s from another provider which matured on consecutive days, I made an initial email enquiry to Aldermore. Subsequent phone calls and the paperwork were dealt with quickly and efficiently and the transaction completed successfully.
19 Oct 2014
little disappointed Ocky
It took a while to initially create ISA as trouble with logging on, in the meantime the 2 year ISA rate had dropped from 2% to 1,85% NOT very good for customer relations.
16 Oct 2014
Time taken to open account was unacceotable John1942
I sent all the information needed for you to open the account on 26 August and advised that funds to be transferred would be available after 10 Sept. . It took you until 1 October to open the account. This was too long and cost me lost interest. A telephone call enquiring why there is a delay was answered very curtly, and still nothing happened. Not impressed.
16 Oct 2014
Straightforward and very helpful staff BarbaraAnn25
I have had both cash isas and fixed rate bonds over the years and always been very happy with the interest rates and especially the service I have received.
14 Oct 2014
A GOOD PLACE TO INVEST YOUR MONEY Jo21
Some staff are more helpful then others.But all are very friendly
11 Oct 2014
Opening the new account was simple, straightforward and with friendly competent staff. Dickie80
My account was set up without any delay or fuss and with friendly guidance from the staff.
09 Oct 2014
Reviews for Fixed Rate Cash ISA 3 Year
maturing isa Cathy321
I chose to invest with Aldermore for several reasons.Firstly I chose to invest with Aldermore, because I had a maturing Isa with another Building Society that could not offer me a satisfactory rate of interest if I remained with them. I researched the internet and discovered that Aldermore had a Isa with a more competitive rate of interest. For this reason I applied to Aldermore to transfer my existing Isa to them, which they have now put in hand. Before applying to Aldermore to transfer my funds to them I checked with the FSCS to see whether the bank's investors are covered by the compensation scheme, which they are. I am quite happy with the way in which the Aldermore is dealing with my affairs as they are keeping me informed of the progress of the transfer of my maturing isa funds from my existing isa provider to them.
27 Oct 2014
Simple and straightforward process to open account!
I was looking for a longer term cash ISA and Aldermore's offering seemed attractive. Opening the account was an eminently easy process and communications have been prompt and clear.
06 Oct 2014
The question was "am I happy with" the 3 Year Cash Isa Optimist
I'm reasonably happy but it's been basically having to make a choice of a pretty poor bunch of options. If Aldermore really wanted to make me happy then a better interest rate would go a long way to making me smile and start whistling a merry tune.
06 Oct 2014
A very smooth transition Poundwatcher
I chose Aldermore as they were offering the best interest rates. With great trepidation I gave instructions to transfer in an existing ISA. I was surprised how easy it was to do. It was completed within a few days and I was kept informed of progress as it happened. I truly could not have envisaged such good service. Hopefully they will stay ahead in the interest rate game and we can do more business.
24 Sep 2014
Just what I was looking for!
I found the 3 Year Fixed Rate Isa very easy to set up online and the staff were friendly and helpful on the queries I raised.
24 Sep 2014
Provided what I wanted. Cat7
Opening and depositing money into my new account could not have been easier and all completed within seven days.
23 Sep 2014
Great web site with an easy to follow application form. everything worked first click and it only took 10 mins to make my application. Would deal with this company again.
23 Sep 2014